Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 8: Poison Ivy

We couldn't shower and do laundry until 10:00 so we killed time by reading and fishing until then.  When we did get to the showers though, oh my goodness was it amazing.  So refreshing!  Then we put our laundry in and sat and chatted with Katie.  Anders tried convincing her to invest her time in the 10,000 hour rule.  He was not successful.
We didn't actually get on the water until about 12:30 and then only did 19 miles to gambler's Point campsite.  We had forgotten to eat lunch in all the excitement of showering and doing laundry so that made it a little tougher.  As we snacked on granola bars and trail mix I looked down at my hands.  They had been feeling a bit itchy.  I figured it was just a mosquito bite but then remembered we had barely seen any mosquitos up to this point.  It was Poison Ivy.  A lot of it.  The back of my right hand was completely covered and the back of my left was about half covered.  Great.  Good thing I know my weaknesses though.  I packed a tube of medicated scrub in anticipation of this happening.  I get it almost every summer.  My guess is that while I was lost in the woods at Winnie I picked it up.  That lake just couldn't let me leave unscathed.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you dont touch....yourself with those hands.... giggidy!

    ReplyDelete