Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 13: Back at it

Despite the beer and staying up later than I am used to I woke up around 6:00 A.M.  With a headache of course.  Good thing we don't have to jump right back on the river today.  When Anders and my Mom woke up we made coffee and breakfast burritos.  We're getting spoiled I know.  We showered at the campsite and then gathered all our gear to continue back on the water.  We said goodbye to Mom and pushed off.
Beth and Dave gave us a whole bunch of cookies yesterday.  I probably ate a thousand of them today.  They are delicious.  When my Mom asked a few days ago what we wanted her to bring us we said hot dogs, beer, breakfast burrito fixings, and twizzlers.  I had been craving twizzlers for two days for some reason.  She brought all of those things and then some.  Rather than bringing a normal sized bag of twizzlers though, she buys the 2 pound gigantic bag that screams twizzler addiction.  In order to take some of the weight out of the canoe I decided to eat about a pound of them today.
We passed two kids canoeing today with a homemade mast.  Their plan was to go from Jacobson to the Iowa border.  They were barely paddling and not moving very fast.  Anders thinks they were high.  I tend to agree.  If we see them again we'll make sure to offer them some twizzlers.  I think they would appreciate that.
Our campsite tonight is at the confluence of the Mississippi and Willow River.  As the Willow flows in you can distinctly see the difference in water color.  Even the rate of flow is different.  They run side by side for a couple hundred yards and look like two different rivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment