Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 19: A Break

We took our first intentional day off from paddling today.  We went to Dick's Sporting Goods to get seat pads and a waterproof map holder.  The seat pads have been suggested to us multiple times by multiple people, but I'm stubborn at times.  At least that's what I'm told.  Having finally caved though, they are amazing.  A huge upgrade from sitting on aluminum all day.
We then restocked our food at Wal-Mart and went to my Grandparent's for dinner.  My Uncle Dan, Uncle John, Aunt Amber, Uncle Scott, cousins Doug, Tommy, Hannah, and Emily, sister Shannon and her fiancé Tim, my Grandparents and Mom were all there.  It was great occasion.  It meant a lot that everybody showed up.  Especially since it was such short notice.  Anders reveled in talking to everybody.  It was very relaxing and the food was incredible.  Thank you everyone for showing up!
After the house cleared out Anders and I stayed up and packed our gear for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment