Friday, June 27, 2014

June 9th through 23rd: Dubuque downtime and a Wedding

It was extremely hard to sit around Dubuque for a week with not much to do.  I visited Eagle Ridge (my employer before this trip), got a haircut, hung out with Mike, Blake, and Becca, and updated my blog a little bit.  I also got to watch some of the World Cup which was nice.
On the 16th Becca and I drove up to Rush City for my sister's wedding which was on the 21st.  While we were there we went canoeing and kayaking on the St. Croix, visited Taylor's Falls, and helped prep for the wedding.
The wedding was incredible.  Shannon and Tim hosted it at their place which has a very large yard and plenty of space to accommodate the 200 or so people in attendance.  It was really neat to see so much family and friends jumping in and helping get ready.  We had a beautiful day for it as well which was a concern because it rained most of the days leading up and then also the day after.
We took Sunday to recover and then headed back down to Dubuque on Monday to finally get back on the water Tuesday.  Although I greatly enjoyed taking time to be with friends and family, two weeks off from the trip was too much.  I got way out of my daily river routine and probably gained about 10 pounds.  Hopefully it's not too difficult to get back on the water!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking time off the river in order to be the minister at our wedding and to just simply be there. It would not have been the same without you!!! We have received so many wonderful compliments about you and the ceremony! Thank you, bud!!!

    ReplyDelete